zondag 30 maart 2014

Sydney - Bangkok - Brussels - Back home - 24 March till 25 March

View from my hotel room at Darling Harbour


23 March 2014 Ayers Rock - Sydney

Next morning we flew back to Sydney around lunch to arrive around 5 p.m. This time I took train and tram as I hadn't booked a transfer.

At the hotel (the same as during my previous three stays in Sydney) I got a room with a lovely view, a free drink and some chocolates.

Went for a steak at the pier. As it was Sunday all Sydney was at and on the water, young and old!

Sydney Opera House
24 March 2014 Sydney - Bangkok - Brussels (arrival on 25 March 2014)

Had to leave the room around 11 a.m., left my bags at the hotel and went for a last small lunch at the water.

Unfortunately my shuttle misjudged time and traffic jams enforced by the thunderstorm going down over Sydney which made me almost miss my plane. I was not very happy!

Now in a very rocky flight from Sydney to Bangkok a Boeing 747. Could - as always - not sleep.

On the contrary to my trip to Sydney almost 6 weeks ago I did not have much time at Bangkok Airport which I think is a horrible airport. It is not clearly indicated were to go, you get the feeling you could have arrived at your gate faster going the opposite direction. And even in the middle of the night they do not managed to cool the building down. Shopping is on my opinion not great and very expensive.

Collapsed finally total groggy into my seat on board of a Triple Seven (same type than the still missing airplane!). Flight of more than eleven hours was very long and as again I could not sleep time did not pass.

In about an hour we hopefully will touch down at Zaventem Airport: End of Voyage!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten