dinsdag 18 maart 2014

End of voyage with the Rapsody of the Seas - 2 days in Sydney - 18 and 19 March 2014

Early in the morning of 18 March I was "sent" off the ship at 7.15 a.m., collected my suitcases and jumped in a cab and arrived at my hotel at Darling Harbour around 7.45 a.m.

Left my bags at the hotel and wandered around the city with a blue sky. During the day temperature rose to 29 degrees.

In the evening I had a lovely dinner at the harbour.

The next day I took the little train to Central Station and slowly walked up to the Town Hall and Queen Victoria Building.

I had booked a table in the restaurant of the Sydney Tower where I met my new friends from the ship, Janet and Fred, from Perth (originally from Scotland). We had a lovely lunch while the restaurant rotated 4 times permitting us a stunning view on Sydney and its surroundings.

Later I took the little train to the other side - as I had a day ticket - but the trip was disappointing as it most of the time was in a tunnel and therefore did not permit the harbour views I had expected. Than I headed to back to Central Station to take a train into town.

Tomorrow morning flight to Ayers Rock.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten